Here you will find information about
Electronics and software I made for Arduino and ESP8266/ESP32 boards. Select a category below to see the posts.
Content of Arduino core for ESP32 Wiki:
Tips and tricks and common problems
Network tips and problems
- Missing WebServer
- Switch off Bluetooth and WiFi
- Get stored WiFi AP and STA info
- Ping library
- SSDP - Simple Service Discovery Protocol
- ESPNow not working after connection to WiFi AP
- Missing DNS settings when using static IP
- WiFi connection problem - NVS corrupted
- WiFi Auto Reconnect problems
- WiFi AP and STA active at the same time
I2C, SPI tips and problems
- How to use stickbreaker’s I2C improved code
- Simultaneously use of two I2C buses - TwoWire interfaces
- OneWire alternative library
Bluetooth and BLE tips and problems
Programming tips and problems
- Change global variables from ISR
- Sleep mode examples
- Deep-Sleep needs WiFi and Bluetooth switched OFF for low current consumption
- Multithreading support with xTaskCreate
- analogRead() triggers unrelated interrupt
- /avr-pgmspace.h: No such file or directory
- ADC2 channel cannot be used when WiFi is in use
- Important when using the Preferences library - key name length limited to 15 characters!
- Important when using the Preferences library - tag length limited to 1984 characters!
Debugging tips and problems
Partition tips and problems
ESP32 module specific stuff
Arduino IDE specific
- Alternative to install arduino-esp32 for Arduino IDE (Windows)
- ESP32 framework installation on Windows XP
- get.exe/get.py fails to download required files
- Change partition size (Arduino IDE)
Tutorials and Documentation
ESP32 variants and modules
- Espressif ESP-WROOM-32 module→
- ESP-WROOM-32 Pin Definitions
- Espressif ESP32-DevKitC→
- Espressif ESP-WROVER-KIT→
- Chips and modules list→
- Elecrow ESP32 WIFI/BLE Board v0.9 WIKI→
- Elecrow ESP32 WIFI/BLE Board v0.9 Pinout
- Arduino IDE
- Building with make→
- Using as ESP-IDF component→
- Building ESP32 toolchain on ARM (Armbian Raspbian)
Made in Manila
This pages are crafted using WordPress. The content is based on material that I developed, researched or collected from other sites.
I am available as SW developer for hire. More than 30 years of experience in automotive electronics R&D. Contact me on Facebook or leave a comment here to start talking.
I am fascinated by Android and the possibilities that Android gives us with its Open Source. For a long time I modded stock ROMs and build ROMs from source. My work (outdated now) can be found on Beegee’s Electronic & Software.
After moving to the Philippines, I stopped working on Android ROMs, mainly because the internet connection here is too slow for daily updates.
Instead I concentrate more on electronics for home control systems. I started using Arduino and ESP8266/ESP32 boards to build up my own home control and security system.
I am as well quite active in the Open Source community. You can find my work on Github. I am as well creating Wiki pages for the Arduino core for ESP32 which puts useful information from the issues of the Arduino core for ESP32 WiFi chip repo in a hopefully easier readable format.