New ROM available : Ganbarou V1.1
This ROM is made for tablets like pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, Smartsurfer 360 MN10U, that have an internal 3G modem and GPS. Of course it works on similar tablets like the Advent Vega, XVision, …
My main goal is to get a ROM that gives full support to 3G and GPS and be as stable and fast as possible.
Servicepack 1 available:
- Live wallpapers
- Fixed problem with screen calibration application
- Added Suspend mode by short press of power button
- New version of ROM Updater that works with incremental updates.
More details ==> Ganbarou ROM V 1.0a (SP 1)
Download link Ganbarou ROM V 1.0a
How to flash:
Method 1: With ClockWorkMod recovery
- Download ZIP file, copy to your SDcard and use ClockWorkMod to flash it.
Method 2: With BeeGee ROM Updater
- Get the BeeGee ROM Updater from my Downloadpage.
- Check the ROM Updater post to see how to use it.
- Flash the ROM with BeeGee ROM Updater.
Changelog V 1.0
- 3G is automatically on after boot
- ROM Updater integrated
- Game mode for accelerometer added (taken from Corvus ROM)
- Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)
- Fixed small bug with TPUtility. It crashed due to some wrong libraries.
- New kernel – CorvusKernel 0.2 (Many thanks to the_corvus for compiling a stock version of his very fast kernel)
- Bluetooth problem solved
- Changed file manager from Astro to standard Android file manager (taken from CM7 ROM).
- Removed NI keyboard (can be downloaded and installed from here)
- Name spelling corrected :-p
- Added reboot option to power menu
- Removed unnecessary apps like Korean Keyboard, Market replacement apps (didn’t work anyway), LiveWallpapers, iFilemanager (FC with BuzzVega Kernel 0.7), help guides, …
- Updated APN list
- Changed hosts file with ads block
- Replaced wpa_supplicant for access to AdHoc WiFi accesspoints
- Added new bootloader.bin for BSOD fix. (Only in NV version)
- Added ClockWorkMod recovery and reboot APK from Paul
- And of course it has the Messaging app, so you can send and receive SMS and MMS.
- And just in case someone needs I added Titanium Backup and Visionary Root
- And of course the main Google apps -> Market, Gmail, Contacts and Calendar
- I kept the original launcher and added the VTL launcher, but its easily upgradeable, as it is installed in /data/app/
- I kept as well the Adobe Flash Player V10.1.120.10, as it was coming with the original ROM.
- Method 1:
- Get SetCPU from the market (or from XDA) and select autodetect on the first start (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button “device”). Then you can move the slide to 1500000 (or whatever speed you want). You can define profiles as well. Seems to work on my ROM.
- Method 2:
- Download CPU Master from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don’t change any other parameter, use at your own risk.
By default the tablet is in USB slave mode. To switch to host mode press power button, once display get power (you will see the difference), press back button and hold until finish booting. To go back to slave mode simply reboot your tablet without holding the back button.
You can use the Host Mode Indicator widget by ptbw to see the current USB status:
Added a Game/Mouse mode indicator/switcher (made by the talented ptbw). This is a great tool and allows you to easily switch between “Game” (accelerometer) mode and “Mouse” (erm… Mouse) modes. The two modes have to be separate due to the way that the libraries within the ROM work, but now you can easily switch the tablet into a mode which works perfectly for mouse support, and back again for playing games such as SpeedX. This tool will reboot your Vega for you, so if you are switching to Mouse mode, remember to hold BACK after the app reboots the device to make sure it boots up in HOST mode for connecting the mouse.
Have fun and give me feedback.
And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.
What is not working:
|There is a problem with the GPS settings in “Location & security settings”. After boot the option “Use GPS satellites” is greyed out and cannot be activated.|
|To get this fixed you need to switch off the 3G/GPS modem and switch it on again. After that the “Use GPS satellites” is selectable.|
|And here is the ROM Updater. This tool will help you to get updated versions of the ROM and much more.
See the ROM Updater post to learn more.