This ROM is made for tablets like pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, Smartsurfer 360 MN10U, that have an internal 3G modem and GPS. Of course it works on similar tablets like the Advent Vega, XVision, …
My main goal is to get a ROM that gives full support to 3G and GPS and be as stable and fast as possible.
Download link Ganbarou ROM V0.3b
How to flash:
Method 1: Gambaro ROM V0.3b
- Download ZIP file, copy to your SDcard and use ClockWorkMod to flash it.
Method 2: Gambaro ROM V0.3b NV
- Get the ROM from my Downloadpage.
- Unzip it to a folder.
- Switch off your tablet
- Connect USB cable to PC
- Boot into NVidia recovery by pressing back button 2 seconds, while holding back button press power button for 2 seconds, while still holding back button release the power button, then release the back button after 2 more seconds
Start lvds.bat and the ROM will be flashed.
- If you get problems with the USB drivers or have other difficulties, check ” Advent Vega ? ROMs / Software Updates / Guides / How Tos, Links to ROMs, Flash Updates, Guides, Misc apk’s” on MoDaCo. There you find help for nearly every possible problem.
- Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)
- Fixed small bug with TPUtility. It crashed due to some wrong libraries.
- New kernel – CorvusKernel 0.2 (Many thanks to the_corvus for compiling a stock version of his very fast kernel)
- Bluetooth problem solved
- Changed file manager from Astro to standard Android file manager (taken from CM7 ROM).
- Removed NI keyboard (can be downloaded and installed from here)
- Name spelling corrected :-p
- Changed to CorvusKernel 0.1
- Added reboot option to power menu
- Added Astro file manager
- Removed unnecessary apps like Korean Keyboard, Market replacement apps (didn’t work anyway), LiveWallpapers, iFilemanager (FC with BuzzVega Kernel 0.7), help guides, …
- Updated APN list
- Changed hosts file with ads block
- Replaced wpa_supplicant for access to AdHoc WiFi accesspoints
- Changed to Buzz Vega Kernel 0.7
- Added new bootloader.bin for BSOD fix. (Only in NV version)
- Added ClockWorkMod recovery and reboot APK from Paul
- Added my mod of the NI keyboard
- And of course it has the Messaging app, so you can send and receive SMS and MMS.
- And just in case someone needs I added Titanium Backup and Visionary Root
- And of course the main Google apps -> Market, Gmail, Contacts and Calendar
- I kept the original launcher and added the VTL launcher, but its easily upgradeable, as it is installed in /data/app/
- I kept as well the Adobe Flash Player V10.1.120.10, as it was coming with the original ROM.
- Method 1:
- Get SetCPU from the market (or from XDA) and select autodetect on the first start (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button “device”). Then you can move the slide to 1500000 (or whatever speed you want). You can define profiles as well. Seems to work on my ROM.
- Method 2:
- Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don’t change any other parameter, use at your own risk.
USB host mode [source]:
You can use the Host Mode Indicator by ptbw to see the current USB status:
Have fun and give me feedback.
And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.