What’s this about?
This is the next release of my Ganbarou GT series of ROMs.
It is based on Android 4.3 and CM10.2 source code and flavoured to my own needs.
I build this ROM from direct from sources for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7500/GT-P7501/GT-P7510/GT-P7511), the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) and (if my wife gives it back to me) the Galaxy Note (GT-N7000).
What’s the difference to Cyanogenmod CM10.2?
The differences to generic CM10.2 are:
- Ganbarou wallpaper
- Ganbarou bootanimation
- Ganbarou About screen (Ganbarou changelog, Ganbarou version, Ganbarou easter egg)
- Reboot and Recovery on top level of power menu
- Added TitaniumBackup (in apps\data) for quick restore after you installed a new ROM
- Added GooManager for updates of the ROM
- Added JellyBean 4.3 compatible Google apps
- Edited APN list to cover Softbank Japan
- Adds free hosts file
- Removed Cyanogenmod initialisation app
- Removed Cyanogenmod updater
- Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers
- Removed all live wallpapers
What are your risks with this ROM?
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* If you do not understand the instructions how to flash the ROM move on
* and don’t blame me if your device is bricked afterwords.
How to install:
- Get the ROM from
- Copy it to your internal SDcard
- Reboot the tablet into recovery mode (CWM or TWRP, both works if you have the latest version)
- In case you come from a ROM that is not Android 4.3 then a factory reset / full wipe is necessary. I recommend a full wipe in any case to get a clean installation.
- Flash the ROM
- Wipe cache and dalvik-cache
Where can I download the ROM?
- Waaaahhh!!! Obviously you skipped the “How to install” section. Check a few lines above for the instructions and download links.
- If you are interested to build the ROM fresh from sources you can checkout my repository on Github.
Changelog V4.00 2013-09-14
- Initial: first build based on CM10.2.
- Feature: Ganbarou wallpaper
- Feature: Ganbarou bootanimation
- Feature: Ganbarou About screen (Ganbarou changelog, Ganbarou version, Ganbarou easter egg)
- Feature: Reboot and Recovery on top level of power menu
- Feature: Navigation buttons can be placed left, right or centered on the lower bar
No big differences to CM10.2.